Friday, May 29

Home again, catching up and all of that

It's been nearly a week since I've gotten back and it's taken me almost just as long to get settled back in. I had such a great time with my sister's family, even though we were sick the whole week. Despite the yuckiness, we made so many wonderful memories, saw some really beautiful things and just had a special time being together. My sister is my best friend and we only get to see each other about twice a year, (if we're lucky) so we both treasure every minute together. I got some really good pictures, but have too many to put on here, so if you're interested enough, you're welcome to see them here.

I was very happy to get home to my family though and Daddy and the kids had a little surprise waiting for me. It was very sweet!

Anyhow, summer has started and we have a lot happening. Abbey is starting speech therapy on a weekly basis, so that's just one more thing to go in our already busy calendar. Thankfully, her speech is a lot better than William's at her age, and they've ordered it for just 6 months to start. She will be using the same SLP that William did, so that's good. She's a real sweet lady.

I also just started in the position of nursery director at our church too. It's a great opportunity for our whole family and we are so thankful for the extra income this position will provide.

William has finished up his first year of preschool and we are so proud of him and all of the progress that he's made. It was so hard for us to put him in there last year, but we're so thankful that we did. We did get the sad news though, that Mrs. Hatchett won't be his teacher next year. She will still be at the school, but teaching in a different capacity. This is a bummer for us, but we are praying that the Lord will put a teacher in her place that will be a perfect fit...who knows, we may even like her better? It's hard to imagine, but it could happen!

So, I guess that's it for now. Oh, I celebrated my 29th birthday this past week too. I'm getting old! It's sad, because I'm not the only one growing up! Abbey will be 2 next month! I haven't given much thought to how we're going to celebrate, but I guess I better get on it. July 17 will be here before we know it! I can't believe my MI trip is already over too. Time just goes by too fast!

1 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats on the new position. I love our director, she a busy woman, lots of respect! You and Mary will have lots to talk about on holidays now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!