Saturday, January 31

Something New

I'm introducing something new on the blog, which doesn't have much to do with either William or Abbey directly I suppose, but since I'm the author of this blog, I can do it anyway! :) So, I know a lot of bloggers have a kind of format they follow, where they talk about certain things on certain days. It's a great idea and works well. Others take part in a daily thing, like a daily photo. Following a bit in those footsteps, but also putting my own twist on it, I'm going to implement a daily blessing. Not that I'm handing out blessings to our readers, but that I'm going to share a personal blessing (sometimes with a picture, maybe some days not) everyday. I'd like to give it a special title, which I haven't come up with yet, so if you have any ideas please feel free to share them with me - you might come up with something that would stick! Anyhow, it's something that's important to me, since I think that we all have so many things to be thankful for, yet when we pray, we usually end up asking the Lord for more. And I'm not guaranteeing that it's going to be something deep and profound everyday; it might just be a little thing.

Psalm 100:3-5 (New King James Version)

Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right; we all need to be more aware of our daily blessings. So many times we get caught up in life's struggles that we miss what God has for us. Thanks for the reminder, Laura.
Luv U,
Mom

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!