Wednesday, September 24

Stuff

So it's been a few days since I last posted anything and even though I thought about posting stuff, I just didn't have the energy. I know you're probably thinking 'how much energy does it take to type stuff and put some pictures up', but when you're where I'm at, you just don't feel like doing anything. So, while I'm not going to expound on any of that, I figured I'd try to keep people updated on what's happening around here.
William had his school pictures today. We can't wait to see how they turn out!? I hope they got the preschoolers in there before everyone else so that they're not all sweaty and messed up after playing outside. It's not like I can ask William if they had them done in the morning, so we'll just have to see how they turn out. It used to drive me crazy when I was in school, waiting for all of the little kids to go first. However, now that I'm a parent of a little one, I can see what all the fuss was about.

We are working on getting William's speech issues evaluated. Even though he's had some language therapy in the past, no one has ever brought up a possible cause or diagnosis, so we still don't know what we're dealing with. He will start therapy in school soon, but like I have to say to everyone I've talked to lately, we have to figure out what the problem is before we can try to fix it! I'm not sure why people can't get that, but no one we've worked with so far has. After doing my own research and finding clues from other kids with similar issues, I have some good ideas as to what it might be. Hopefully in the next few weeks, our thoughts will be confirmed or we'll be presented with something else. Either way, we're going to figure this stuff out.

Overall, Abbey is doing great. She's got a runny nose and has been sneezing a lot, so I'm thinking she has allergies like the rest of us. She's got a new tooth coming in, which brings her grand total of teeth up to 5 1/2! At least her lack of teeth doesn't hurt her appetite. She's still quite the little chow hound, but we can see how she's becoming a little more picky these days. She's such fun to watch and she's definitely all girl. She likes to help clean by taking a napkin and rubbing it on any surface she can reach. She'll even come up and dust you too! I think she's picked up my organizational sense (and her nana's love of baskets), since she has a habit of putting everything into a container. Yesterday it was William's art tool box, today it was a basket. She hasn't gotten it down into putting different things into different baskets, but she'll get there! :)
She's managed to get my sandals on and keep them on her feet while she walks around the house too. She's very into shoes. She likes to comb her hair and with that, she's decided that she'd rather look at her cute bows than wear them. I can't keep one in her hair for longer than 30 seconds any more. I did get a few pictures of her all dressed up the other day though. This is a cute little outfit given to us by a friend of ours. She gave us loads and loads of gorgeous clothes a few months ago and since Abbey's outgrown most of her 12 month stuff, I went "shopping" and updated Abbey's clothes with all "new" things, from our closet. It was so fun and such a blessing!
This girl loves playing the bathroom. I don't understand it. She likes to suck on the tops of any bottle in the tub, if we'll let her.
Speaking of blessings, we found out today that David and Holley are having a little girl! We're all so excited about another girl in the family! We're 2 for 2 now, with Katie having a girl too. We're just waiting to find out what #3 will be. Amy had an ultrasound last week, but the little one was less than cooperative, so we'll see in the next few weeks, hopefully.

Jonathan's been doing well; he feels pretty good and his diabetes is less of an issue than it was a few months ago. Hopefully in a few more months, it won't be an issue at all. It's hard to believe it's already been nearly 4 months since his surgery. We're definitely glad to have it behind us now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!