Monday, June 26

Cedar Point!!!



Okay, so I'm back to this thing and I wanted to tell you about our day at Cedar Point. In case you don't know, it's the best amusement park in the world!!! It's in Sandusky, Ohio and it has to be one of my favorite places to visit! We were there last year before Dave's wedding, but since I was pregnant, I couldn't ride anything and didn't even go into the park. This year's visit was, obviously, way more better! :)

That hugely tall thing in the middle of the top picture is "the Dragster" and is the most amazing ride ever!!! It's 420 feet tall and goes 120 mph in 4 seconds. You get shot straight up go over a little hill and then come STRAIGHT DOWN - it's AWESOME!!! We got into the park an hour early just to get in line for it. We were on the first ride of the day; it was sweet! Mom watched William while the rest of us waited in line, although she did ride a few things. She amazed all of us though when she and I were walking past the Dragster (on our way back to our cottage to take care of William) and she said, "They almost had me convinced to go on that thing, but I'd have to go the bathroom first." I was stunned!! So I said, "Well, there's the bathrooms; I'll call Dave and tell him to wait up for you." So they waited for her and when she got in line, Dave was worried about her heart! He kept asking her if she was SURE she wanted to do this. Holley saw an old couple with white hair in line and she said they made it OK, so mom would be fine.

So, she did it, even though she closed her eyes and Dad yelled at her to open them! It was pretty cool that we all rode the Dragster, well except William! And even though he didn't ride anything, I'd say he still had a good day. As you can see, he still got a nap, Grandpa bought him a new hat, and he got a picture with Snoopy!

The Dragster is my favorite ride now, but Wicked Twister was pretty awesome too! And even though I screamed the whole way through it, I LOVED it!! And of course we rode the classics like the Magnum, the Millenium Force, the Mean Streak, and the Mantis, although that one really throws your head around. It was funny, Dave said when we got off, "Either that's gotten a lot more rough or I'm just getting old!" And Holley and I got Dave on the Power Tower, which takes you up 240 feet and then drops you, and/or shoots you up 240 feet. We did both, since there was hardly a wait. Dave's a coaster fanatic, but for some reason he was real nervous about that one; it was hilarious! Anyway, it was a great day and we had so much fun!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!